Welcome! We're an online magazine covering and analyzing the business, markets and technologies of the Internet of Things from a unique perspective - combining expert opinion with a focus on innovation. We like to blur the lines between editor and analyst. Tapped to be a $7+ trillion dollar market by 2020 (IDC), the IoT - whether it's devices talking to humans or machines talking to machines (M2M) - is already returning strong value to enterprises and consumers worldwide.
Recent IoT News
- Hey, entrepreneurs! Are you aware of Amazon's $100M Alexa fund for innovations in voice?
"The Alexa Fund is open to anyone with an innovative idea for how voice technology can improve customers’ lives — from early-stage pre-revenue companies that are just starting out to established brands. Areas of particular interest include:
Hardware products for inside or outside the home that would benefit from Alexa’s voice interface.
- Alexa experiences that deliver new abilities to Alexa-enabled devices.
- New contributions to the science behind voice technology, including text to speech, natural language understanding, and automatic speech recognition."
- Summer is getting hot for new ventures - deadline of 10 July for TechStar's next accelerator program.
- This looks interesting, an online, virtual IoT Slam (28 April). "As Internet of Things shifts from a hot topic to the new opportunity engine for business, key areas like analytics, social, mobile and security will provide the key to unlocking the value of data. According to IDC, 2016 will become the “year of the IoT developer”, with 250,000 unique IoT applications created by 2020. In this session, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager, will offer insight into where developers and companies should concentrate their time and resources. She will contrast common vs. unique aspects of Internet of Things including the addition of cognitive."
- ChannelNews reports that Mobile And Wearable Contactless Payments Growing At Pace
From the Publisher's Virtual Desk: Week of 10 April
Verizon has come out with an impressive IoT 2016 report - read our blog post.